transport

TRANSPORT / CO2 EMISSION / PACKAGING

Knowing how much grey energy is produced globally, we pay attention to the following aspects regarding transportation:

supply chain

We keep the supply chain for the production of our products as short as possible. In order to minimize the emission of grey energy, we source our raw materials for production directly from local producers. By doing so, we circumvent the intermediate trade and can keep the delivery distances low.

packaging import

The decision to keep our products free from any filling material during the packaging process, this means that we are able to reduce the transport volume by 60%. The transportation cartons are deliberately filled compactly with our products.

We thank our retailers and customers for their support, accepting our delivery method and understanding that it can happen that a product may have pressure indentation due to its compact delivery. However, this is not a defective product. Pressure indentations gradually smooth out gradually during the day to day use of the products.

sea route

It is commonly reported that CO2 emissions by ship are 50 times less than air freight.
This confirms our ecological and economic strategy of importing by sea. We accept longer delivery times of 5 weeks by sea, instead of 2 days by plane with higher emissions.
We occasionally have to inform customers of prolonged delivery dates of certain products.

packaging

We consciously refrain from bagging our products in plastic wrappers and forming fillers.

Our packages are adjusted to the average package size for delivery to our retailers. We reuse 95% of the delivered packages. The remaining 5% of damaged packaging is recycled.

For deliveries to our web shop customers, we work together with local companies, we collect their used cardboard boxes and reuse them for our own shipping. This measure further reduces waste volume.

With this effort, we are doing our part to increase the usage of cardboard boxes.

We ship with 100% used cardboard boxes. That's why we're proud to label all shipments "hello I'm a recycled box".

Please accept cookies to help us improve this website Is this OK? Yes No More on cookies »